The procedures and forms required to apply for Title IV funding, are in the financial aid office at Houston School of Carpentry. There are many forms which may be required to evaluate student aid eligibility.
* Students need to complete the FAFSA https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. Once the FAFSA has been completed, the student will receive an SAR (student aid report); this form will have the information that the student put on their FAFSA; inform them is they are selected for a process called *verification; if additional information is needed; will give them their EFC (expected family contribution). If there are ANY corrections that need to be made, the FAO at HSOC will contact you and help with the correction process.
* Complete the entrance counseling via www.studentloans.gov, a student will not be able to apply for a student loan without completing an entrance counseling segment.
* Apply for a student loan via www.studentloans.gov .
* HSOC school code (042779-00).
* Students need to complete all internal forms at HSOC.
To be eligible to receive Federal assistance, a student must:
* Students must have a valid high school diploma, valid homeschool, or GED to apply for Title IV funding.
* Interview with an Admissions Representative.
* Applicant must be at least 17 years of age (applicants under the age of 18 require written permission from a parent or legal guardian.)
* Students will need a valid ID or Driver’s License.
* Male students must be registered with Selective Service or have a valid reason to not be registered.
* Be enrolled in an eligible program of study.
* Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. permanent resident or reside in the United States for other than a temporary purpose (supportive documentation may be required to verify residency or citizenship status i.e. work permit.)
* Maintain SAP Satisfactory Academic Progress in their course of study (please see SAP policy)
Filling out the FAFSA – https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out
College Navigator – https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
If you are verified, the financial aid representative will notify you and inform you on the next step in the process.